Ark Tindal Primary Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, mixed school serving 3-11 year olds. Our Published Admission Number is 60 pupils per year group and we have a free Nursery class for 3-4 year olds which runs from 8:40am-3:15pm each day, in which we currently have 29 places, with hopes to expand further.
How to apply
Applications for Reception admission must be made on Birmingham City Council's Common Application Form. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority is given to students with a statement of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skills shortage
- Children with a sibling who already attends the academy, and will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose siblings means a whole, half or step-brother or sister resident at the same address).
- Children of staff at the school, where there is no demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who live closest to the academy using straight line distance from the main entrance to the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
In Year Admissions
Applications made to any year group outside the main admissions round (In-Year admissions) should be made directly to the school. If you wish to apply for a place, please complete an application form and return it to the Academy Office. The application form can be found here: Pupil application form.
Parents/carers will be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days. If a place is refused, the child will be added to the waiting list; the position on the waiting list will be determined according to the oversubscription criteria in the School’s Admissions Policy. If refused a place, the parent/carer has the right to appeal the decision.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused admission at a preferred school for entry into Reception in September 2022 will be heard according to the rgulations in the School Admission Appeals Code (2012).
Appeal hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline date for submitting and appeal.
The independent appeal panel clerk will notify parents/carers of the date of their appeal; appeal hearing will take place during July 2022.
If you need assistance with the application process, please contact the school office. Similarly, support is available for parents and carers of pupils transitioning to secondary school each year, during the autumn term.
Our Admissions Lead is Dr Smith and she can be reached via phone on 0121 464 3049 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.