Reminder: Half Term holiday is from the 18th - 22nd February
We look forward to seeing everyone back in school on the 25th February at 8:40am.
This policy sets out Ark’s commitment to safeguarding the children in our academies and describes in sections 2 and 3 the aims and scope of the policy. Section 4 details the key safeguarding procedures, policies and available information to academies to support safeguarding in our schools. In section 5 the policy describes our support for the child and how we partner with our parents and carers and section 6 outlines the responsibilities in our network for those with a particular safeguarding remit.
Click the link below for the full policy:
Ark Tindal is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our Academy will support children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the Academy
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harrassment
We recoginse that some children may be victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
If you have a concern that a child or children are being harmed, at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally) you must report it.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are Miss Hayley Francis (Deputy Headteacher), Mrs A Mockbil (Outreach Worker) and Mrs L Ivins (Early Years Lead)
Our SENDCO and Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Tahira.
Our Headteacher is Rebecca Eaton.
Our Nominated Governor is Fiona Parkes, the Chair of Governors is Julie Farr and the Local Authority Designated Officers (LADO) are Nora Malik, Salma Shabir and Tracey Johnson.
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that:
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse
- They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised
- They should involve the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) immediately
- If the DSL is not available, any of the above people should be contacted
- Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time