Child Protection/Safeguarding Information
Ark Tindal is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our Academy will support children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the Academy
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harrassment
We recoginse that some children may be victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
If you have a concern that a child or children are being harmed, at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally) you must report it.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are Mrs Rebecca Eaton (Head of School) and Mrs Kalwinder Randhawa (Deputy Headteacher).
Our Deputy DSL is Mrs Ammal Mockbil (Family Support Worker).
Our Nominated Governor is Jude Slama, the Chair of Governors is Julie Farr and the Local Authority Designated Officers (LADO) are Nora Malik, Salma Shabir and Tracey Johnson.
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that:
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse
- They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised
- They should involve the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) immediately
- If the DSL is not available, any of the above people should be contacted
- Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time