STOP PRESS - Ark Tindal Primary Academy remains an Ofsted graded Good school!
To view our latest Ofsted report following our Inspection in June, please click on About Us, Ofsted and Performance Data.
Ark Tindal Primary Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, mixed school serving 3-11 year olds. Our Published Admission Number is 60 pupils per year group and we have a Nursery class for 3-4 year olds which runs from 9am-1pm each day, in which we have 26 places.
Applications for admission must be made on Birmingham City Council's Common Application Form. If the academy is oversubscribed priority is given to students with a statement of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skills shortage
- Children with a sibling who already attends the academy, and will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose siblings means a whole, half or step-brother or sister resident at the same address).
- Children of staff at the school, where there is no demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who live closest to the academy using straight line distance from the main entrance to the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
The academy keeps a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the year or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
Applications for Nursery may be made directly through the Academy.
If you need assistance with the application process, please contact the Academy Office. Similarly, support is available for Parents and Carers of pupils transitioning to Secondary School each year, during the Autumn Term.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16 April 2018||20 May 2018|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.